Services offered by the Proteomics Unit during the Covid-19 lockdown:
During the lockdown established by the Central Government, IMIBIC Proteomics Unit will support scientific community by giving the following online services:
- Support in writing of documents to all groups that needs proteomics as supporting technology for their future public competitive projects or publications.
- Resolution of any doubt about proteomics techniques that you need to solve and in which we can help you (Experimental planning, data interpretation, data analysis...).
- MALDI-Imaging Projects: we are opened to perform MALDI Imaging projects for the groups that request it at our lab. If you are interested, please, contact us for scheduling on.
To request any of the services mentioned above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Proteomics Unit provides researchers with state-of-the-art technologies in the field. Currently, the Proteomics Unit is a specialised platform in quantitative proteomics and MALDI Imaging (or Molecular Imaging).
The Proteomics Unit offers its analytical services for IMIBIC staff and University of Cordoba and to other universities, hospitals, and private companies.
The Unit has two main state-of-the-art equipment: (i) a high performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry platform that provides researchers with access to high-throughput proteomics analyses, ranging from protein identification and characterisation to label-free quantitative proteomics; and (ii) a mass spectrometry-based molecular imaging platform (MALDI-Imaging) that provides spatial information of metabolites, lipids and proteins directly from tissues and biopsies.
The Proteomics Unit provides individualised, fit-for-purpose support including project planning, sample preparation, mass spectrometry analysis, and data analysis
Equipment and Facilities
- Q-TOF mass spectrometer, Triple TOF 5600+ (Sciex) (Last update: 2014)
- Triple quadrupole mass spectrometer, XevoTQS (Waters) (Last update: 2014)
- MALDI-TOF/TOF Mass spectrometer, 5800 (Sciex) (Last update: 2014)
- nanoHPLC: Eksigent LC400 (Sciex) (Last update: 2014)
- nanoUPLC: nanoAcquity M-Class (Waters) (Last update: 2014)
- Sprayer: Sunchrom Suncollect (Sunchrom, Friedrichdorf, Germany) (Last update: 2014)
- Main programs (and programming languages) used for data analysis: Protein Pilot, Comet and X!Tandem for protein identification; Peak View, Marker View and Skyline for protein quantification; Tissue View, MSiReader, Cardinal for Maldi Imaging MS. R, Python and Matlab for general analysis purposes (Last update: 2018 - 2020)
- Basic laboratory equipment for sample preparation (Last update: 2014)
- Identification and characterization of proteins by MALDI-TOF/TOF
- Identification and characterization of proteins by LC-MS/MS
- Quantitative Proteomics:
- SRM (Selected Reaction Monitoring)
- MALDI Imaging mass spectrometry
- Project supervision and collaboration
- Training in software used for data analysis
- González-Fernández MJ, Fabrikov D, Ramos-Bueno RP, Guil-Guerrero JL, Ortea I.SWATH Differential Abundance Proteomics and Cellular Assays Show in Vitro Anticancer Activity of Arachidonic Acid-and Docosahexaenoic Acid-Based Monoacylglycerols in HT-29 Colorectal Cancer Cells. Nutrients 2019, 11, 2984
- López-Sánchez LM, Jiménez Izquierdo R, Peñarando J, Mena R, Guil-Luna S, Toledano M, Conde F, Villar C, Díaz C, Ortea I, De la Haba-Rodríguez JR, Aranda E, Rodríguez-Ariza A.SWATH-based proteomics reveals processes associated with immune evasion and metastasis in poor prognosis colorectal tumours. J Cell Mol Med.2019, 23, 8219-8232
- Michán C, Chicano-Gálvez E, Fuentes-Almagro CA, Alhama J. Redox and global interconnected proteome changes in mice exposed to complex environmental hazards surrounding Doñana National Park. Environ Pollut 2019, 252, 427-439
- Böhme K, Calo-Mata P, Barros-Velázquez J, Ortea I. Recent applications of omics-based technologies to main topics in food authentication. TrAC - Trends in Analytical Chemistry 2019, 110, 221-232.
- Böhme, K.; Calo-Mata, P.; Barros-Velázquez, J.; Ortea, I. Review of Recent DNA-Based Methods for Main Food-Authentication Topics. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2019, 67, 3854-3864.
- Garrido-Rodríguez M, Ortea I, Calzado MA, Muñoz E, García V. SWATH proteomic profiling of prostate cancer cells identifies NUSAP1 as a potential molecular target for Galiellalactone. J Proteomics. 2019, 20;193:217-229.
- Ortea I, Ruiz-Sánchez I, Cañete R, Caballero-Villarraso J, Cañete MD. Identification of candidate serum biomarkers of childhood-onset growth hormone deficiency using SWATH-MS and feature selection. J Proteomics 2018, 20;175:105-113.
- Fernández A, Bayón GF, Sierra MI, Ortea I, Bonilla F, Fraga M. Loss of 5hmC identifies a new type of aberrant DNA hypermethylation in glioma. Hum Mol Genet. 2018 Sep 1;27(17):3046-3059.
- Ortea I, González-Fernández MJ, Ramos-Bueno RP, Guil-Guerrero JL. Proteomics Study Reveals That Docosahexaenoic and Arachidonic Acids Exert Different in Vitro Anticancer Activities in Colorectal Cancer Cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2018 Jun 20;66(24):6003-6012
- Prado M, Ortea I, Vial S, Rivas J, Calo-Mata P, Barros-Velázquez J. Advanced DNA- and protein-based methods for the detection and investigation of food allergens. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2016 Nov 17;56(15):2511-2542.
- Ortea I, Rodriguez-Ariza A, Chicano E, Arenas MS, Jurado B. Discovery of potential protein biomarkers of lung adenocarcinoma in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid by SWATH MS data-independent acquisition and targeted data extraction. J Proteomics. 2016 Apr 14;138:106-14.
- Ghedira J, Chicano-Gálvez E, Fernández-Cisnal R, Jebali J, Banni M, Chouba L, Boussetta H, López-Barea J, Alhama J. Using environmental proteomics to assess pollutant response of Carcinus maenas along the Tunisian coast. Sci Total Environ. 2016 Jan 15;541:109-118.
- Ortea I, Roschitzki B et al. Independent Candidate Serum Protein Biomarkers of Response to Adalimumab and to Infliximab in Rheumatoid Arthritis: An Exploratory Study. PLoS One. 2016 Apr 6;11(4):e0153140.
- Ortea I, O'Connor G, Maquet A. Review on Proteomics for food authentication. J Proteomics. 2016 Sep 16;147:212-22.
- Chicano-Gálvez E, Asensio E, Cañavate JP, Alhama J, López-Barea J. Proteomic analysis through larval development of Solea senegalensis flatfish. Proteomics. 2015 Dec;15(23-24):4105-19.
- Abril N, Chicano-Gálvez E, Michán C, Pueyo C, López-Barea J. iTRAQ analysis of hepatic proteins in free-living Mus spretus mice to assess the contamination status of areas surrounding Doñana National Park (SW Spain). Sci Total Environ. 2015 Aug 1;523:16-27.
- de Andrés MC, Pérez-Pampín E, Calaza M, Santaclara FJ, Ortea I, Gómez-Reino JJ, González A. Assessment of global DNA methylation in peripheral blood cell subpopulations of early rheumatoid arthritis before and after methotrexate. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015 Aug 29;17:233