The Proteomics Unit provides researchers with state-of-the-art technologies in the field. Currently, the Proteomics Unit is a specialized platform in quantitative proteomics and MALDI Imaging (or Molecular Imaging).
The Proteomics Unit offers its analytical services for IMIBIC staff and University of Córdoba and to other universities, hospitals and private companies.
The Unit has two main state-of-the-art components: (i) a high performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry platform that provides researchers with access to high-throughput proteomics analyses, ranging from protein identification and characterization to label-free quantitative proteomics; and (ii) a mass spectrometry-based molecular imaging platform (MALDI-Imaging) that provides spatial information of metabolites, lipids and proteins directly from tissues and biopsies.
The Proteomics Unit provides individualized, fit-for-purpose support including project planning, sample preparation, mass spectrometry analysis and data analysis.
Composition / Personnel
Equipment and Facilities
- Q-TOF mass spectrometer, Triple TOF 5600+ (Sciex)
- Triple quadrupole mass spectrometer, XevoTQS (Waters)
- MALDI-TOF/TOF Mass spectrometer, 5800 (Sciex)
- nanoHPLC: Eksigent LC400 (Sciex)
- nanoUPLC: nanoAcquity M-Class (Waters)
- Sprayer: Sunchrom Suncollect (Sunchrom, Friedrichdorf, Germany)
- Laser Scanner: Typhoon Trio (GEHealthcare, Uppsala, Sweden)
- Main programs (and programming languages) used for data analysis: Protein Pilot, Comet and X!Tandem for protein identification; Peak View, Marker View and Skyline for protein quantification; Tissue View, MSiReader, Cardinal for Maldi Imaging MS. R, Python and Matlab for general analysis purposes.
- Basic laboratory equipment for sample preparation
- Identification and characterization of proteins by MALDI-TOF/TO
- Identification and characterization of proteins by LC-MS/MS
- Quantitative Proteomics:
- SRM (Selected Reaction Monitoring)
- MALDI Imaging mass spectrometry
- Project supervision and collaboration
- Training in software used for data analysis